Saturday, March 21, 2009

Pattern Binge

Ok, so yesterday I went to my local Jo-Ann's to pick up a "It's so easy it's Simplicity" pattern to make a spring dress for my baby sister. She is only two so I figured making a smaller dress might be easier than making an adult sized dress. Anyways, when I walked in I discovered they were having a 1.99 McCall's pattern sale and a 3.99 Vogue sale. Omg, I went nuts. Between yesterday and today, I bought 20 McCall patterns, 3 Vogue patterns, and that initial Simplicity pattern for my sister. Keep in mind, I still don't really know how to sew. I was starting to rethink all of it until I added up my savings. Drum roll, please.....over 350 dollars saved! Can you believe it? I got 400 dollars worth of patterns for about 50 dollars. All in all, I'm pretty happy with myself. I figure I have lots of inspiration now. With all these beautiful patterns calling my name, waiting to be sewn, I'll certainly not lack for something to sew. I bought a bunch of assorted difficulties too. From a pretty simple high-waisted skirt, to a winter coat that will require tailoring skills that way I'll have new challenging projects to work my way through. I think the most difficult thing now will be not going back and getting more tomorrow after work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...