Monday, March 15, 2010

My sewing inspirations....

Since I've yet to find my camera I thought I'd post a few of the things that I'm loving right now. These totally get my sewing mojo going, if only for the day when I'll have the skills to knock them off. Ruffles and bows seem to be the theme here. Enjoy!



This ginormous bow actually goes in front of the skirt. I don't know if I'm brave enough for that, but I love this skirt.


This green skirt calls to me. Plus I love the button details. The color is divine.

Love! I'm planning some sort of nautical themed outfit for spring. I think this would be adorable with a red and white striped shirt. And a little sailor hat. Note to self: Learn how to sew piping, ASAP.


I don't dig the fabric. See through much? But I love those ruffles. I'd like this in fire engine red I believe. It would also work with the nautical theme.


I know, I know. But I can't help it. Something about this shiny (and probably highly flammable) skirt just grabs me. It then proceeds to yell "You would look SOOOOO Fabulous with me on!"

There you have it. My sewing muses for the moment. Why so many skirts? Well I feel like I'd be able to knock these off sooner than any of the dresses I lust for.

In other news, I am crazy. I entered the Pattern Review Mini Wardrobe Contest. I'm not sure why. I guess all the story boards and pretty fabrics got to me. I had thought to do my nautical themed outfits for the contest, but it seemed everyone and their aunt picked those colors. So I'll most likely do animal prints. I can't help it, its the Drag Queen in me. Ta-ta Dahlings!

3 comments:

  1. I like all of the skirts, especially the first one. I plan to make a skirt similar to the first one. Here is the pattern: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/jenny-skirt-with-suspenders
    I will announce a winner via random number generator when I get home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt. Have you seen the version Gertie has made? It's fab. The orange one with the bow she did was awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I saw the skirt she made and I love it! I decided to make the one I listed above because of her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...