Saturday, May 1, 2010

Andrea's Super Saturday Sewing Adventure

After a pretty hectic week, I was pleasantly surprised I had absolutely nothing to do this Saturday. Well, cleaning the house doesn't count, I'm ignoring it. No work, no performances, no travel, nothing. I almost don't know what to do with myself. Just kidding. It has been nearly three months since I've sewn anything. I know! It's terrible! I hang my head in shame.... However, I have managed to increase my fabric stash and pattern population. I swear, those things multiply like rabid bunnies. Damn 99 cent sales. :) Anyhoo, I've declared Saturday to be my sewing day. I will will have a finished product by the end of tomorrow. Cross my heart. I've decided on my pattern and fabric, and I'm setting up my game plan as I type.

The fabric: My new lovely leopard


The Pattern: View A from McCall's 5523

The Game Plan: I'll sew a muslin with some old sheets (Die ugly bachelor pad sheets!) while the fabric is in the washer. Hopefully everything goes well and I don't get confused. :) If the sewing gods are kind, weird fitting issues will not arise and the real one will go together smoothly. And if things go really well and I'm not 1) pulling my hair out 2) yelling/cursing at pieces of fabric or 3) crying , by the end of all of this, I may even play model and show off my new skirt.

So that's the plan. Hubby will be out of the house for most of the day, so I'll have some peace and quiet. As long as I don't get distracted by some of the new awesome books I've just picked up, Mission Saturday Skirt will be a success. I love alliteration. :)

On a side note, does anyone other than me have to pour through dozens of Pattern Review posts before they'll commit to a pattern? Maybe it's because I have so many now, (THAT topic will get its own post lol) or maybe I'm just skittish about using my fabric. I still have that fear of ruining it by cutting wrong, or sewing "retardedly," ect. Well, I guess that would be the whole point of the muslin, huh?

Anyways, I'm off to sleep so I'll have plenty of energy for my SUPER SATURDAY SEWING ADVENTURE!!! lol Wish me luck, and hopefully I'll have pictures by the end of the day. Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Great pattern for the fabric! And I do review Pattern Review often - but never before I buy the pattern (apparently) only before I make it. Seems I could save myself some money to do things in another order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me me me! I'm like K.Line though, I don't look before I buy but def before I go to make something. Even with the knowledge that I can always make a muslin I still got to be double sure the pattern will work out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...