Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Fabric Fairy Strikes Again!

Aloha all! My fabric family is growing. The fabric fairy (by way of Fabric.com) has bestowed these beauties upon me. I figured I would show and tell, and maybe you all could help me figure out what these will become one day.

First up: 100% Polyester Charmeuse Satin in Off White. I thought I'd try to make a slip or a night gown with this. I love the way it feels. Apparently so does my husband. After feeling it, he promptly demanded a pair of boxers. Ha! We'll see. Perhaps I'll make him a pair to match my nightie if there is any left. How annoyingly cute is that? lol This comes in about a million colors. I especially love the peacock blue. If this goes well I know what the Fabric Fairy will be bringing me next. :)


Next: I call this my Big A$$ Blue Blooms fabric. Each rose is the size of my hand. It really was love at first sight. It's a stretch cotton sateen. I'm thinking skirt, probably pencil. It would probably be too much as a dress. I adore this fabric, plus I have matching eyeshadow. Heck yes!



Next: This is a stretch cotton poplin. In reality, it's more burgundy than what is showing up in the photo. I still haven't figured out how to make the colors show up right on film. I was also thinking a skirt with this one, but I'm a little afraid of giant purple flowers on my butt. It will most likely be a fuller skirt.



Lastly: Duh, you guys know how I roll. Of course there is an animal print. This is a stretch cotton twill. It's a little stiffer than I'd like. Definitely a bottom weight. While I don't like them for the most part, I can see this as a skirt with an exposed zipper. Maybe.


Can you guys tell I'm a little afraid to venture into anything harder than a skirt? I know I'll have to (wo)man up eventually, but for now they are my comfort zone.

What is that you ask? What happened to my Super Saturday of Sewing? Well....I kind of got distracted. But it's ok, because I think I'm bringing my sewing machine with us this weekend to visit the in-laws. Apparently I never shut up about sewing and have gotten my madre-in-law interested in it again. Yay! Maybe she'll be a bit more focused than I am and we'll get something accomplished this Saturday. Btw, Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there.

Also, I love Fabric.com. I can always find something I like at a great price. Shipping is fast and I've yet to be shorted on yardage. Unlike Jo-Ann, which is also (always) more expensive. Receiving a box in the mail is fun too. It's like Christmas all the time! lol Plus I can always find a coupon for them too. :)

P.S. I'm am not in any way payed by Fabric.com to sing their praises. However, if they'd like to give me free fabric, awesome.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...