Friday, May 7, 2010

The Real Reason I Never Get Any Sewing Done


I LOVE to read. I always have. I'm never without a book. That said, it's also what keeps me from getting as much sewing done as I'd like. I'm either reading novels or surfing through my favorite sewing blogs. I totally consider that research by the way. So I don't think it counts.
Since it occupies so much of my time, I thought I'd include a bit about it on my blog. These are a few that I've read in the last few weeks or so. There are more, but I've returned them to the library, so no pics.

Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb: This is the newest in the futuristic crime series. This is my favorite book series hands down. I think this most recent is number thirty. If you're interested in reading about a strong, kick-a$$ heroine set in a very interesting near future, this is awesome. But for the love of OCD, please start at the beginning. That would be Naked in Death.

Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain: I just finished this yesterday. This is the third in a series about a female serial killer. I love a good serial killer story, and I was really interested to find one where the killer was a woman. These are good reads, but very, very, violent. Not for the faint of heart. You've been warned.

The Living Dead: This is a huge anthology of zombie stories. I love zombies. I can't watch zombie movies, too chicken. But I love to read about them. Great collection.

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts: This is what kept me distracted on Saturday. Third in the Wedding Series. I really like this quartet so far. The last one will be released in Nov. I started reading these book while I was planning my own wedding. I've been waiting for this one to come out because it's about the wedding cake baker. I make cakes too. First story was about the photographer, second was the florist, fourth will be the planner. The series is about four friends who run a wedding planning business together. It's fun, fluffy, and guaranteed to leave you in a good mood.

Life Nude Elf by Reverend Jen: This is one of those random books you see for a couple bucks and figure "why not". I'm glad I picked it up. It's written vignette style as she talks about all of her "sexperiments" as a columnist. It's hilarious. And totally not for kids. You've been warned.

I'm keeping track of everything I read this year. So far I'm at about 30. The goal is 100+ and I'm pretty sure I'll make it. Now I just need to get my sewing production up to speed. :) I've just returned home from visiting the in-laws and then making it down to spend time with my madre. No sewing was accomplished, however I did discover I am a terrible golfer. lol I've got the leopard skirt on the table for tomorrow. Updates to follow.

So, lovely bloggy friends, what are you reading? Let me know what you love. I'm always up for a good book. :)

Aloha all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...