Saturday, November 27, 2010

Life...

Hello bloggy friends! I have missed you so. I have had an interesting last two months. I certainly didn't see this phase in my life coming, but sometimes life throws you a curve ball. I'm not sure if I'm going to hit a home run or strike out, but I'm swinging as hard as I can. :) To make a long story short, I am no longer living where I was. My perfect sewing room that had taken me nearly three months to set up is all packed up in boxes and half of my belongings are in my parents' basement. I was terrified I would be homeless for a little bit, but apparently I have lots of guardian angels, and a place to stay until I can get back on my feet and my life in order.
My internet connection can be a bit spotty, so it's taken me awhile to get this posted. Plus, it's kind of embarrassing to go through the big D. I never thought I'd be part of that 50% statistic. But I am content for now, and on my way to being happy again.
I haven't been sewing but I have been reading all my favorite blogs.
K.Line- Thanks for your super informative Lady Grey post. Yours looks amazing! I figured out early on that it was just way too advanced for me, but I'll try again the the future.
For now, I'm setting up my temporary sewing studio and trying to get my butt in gear to do the Crepe sewalong. I'm pretty sure I can manage that one. Not to mention, it's Christmas time soon and I'd like to make the majority of my gifts if possible.
So, yeah. That's where the hell I've been for the last two months. I really really really want to sew again, so hopefully I'll have some things to show you guys soon. I hope all my American readers had a great Thanksgiving. Talk to you guys soon. Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Andrea - I've been wondering about you. I'm so sorry to hear about the curveball you've been thrown. It sounds like you are managing with tremendous grace and strength. But do keep blogging - it will help you to communicate your feelings at a hard time!

    Of course, there's no mental space to handle a crazy project like the Lady Grey at a time like this. You will return to it when your mind and heart have processed the many things it must.

    I am really looking forward to seeing how you progress with the Crepe sew along. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Andrea, Hugs to you. I have been MIA myself, but the few times that I have logged on I have come here looking for one of your posts and found nothing. I was hopping that you were ok. Take care of yourself and cannot wait to see your new sewing creations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...