Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

Hello Bloggy friends! I'm just popping in with a quick update. The time has finally come! After playing the waiting game for nearly two months, we are off to Germany. Correction: Hubster* has already been in Germany for a week and I have been home preparing our place for the movers. Hence the radio silence. However, I am a first class procrastinator. A skill honed by many a last minute paper or project in school. I guess you can say I thrive under a deadline. I guess you can also say I won't be sleeping tonight. The movers will be here in the morning and have still have tons to do. I really need to stop doing this to myself, there must be some kind of program or Procrastinators Anonymous...

Anyways, I have a few sewing related/inspiration posts to write that should keep me busy until I get my stuff and can actually sew again. I'll be buying a cheapie machine to use in Germany as I've heard too many stories of exploding machines while overseas. And I've packed a selection of patterns and matching fabric that will keep me busy as I wait 2 1/2 months for our household goods to get there. So hopefully I will be back and sewing soon. :)

A hui hou! (which is Hawaiian for Until we meet again) Or until I have an internet connection in my new place. :) See ya guys!

*There is a funny story behind this name. Before he left the country we did some last minute shopping for him. My darling fashionable husband picked out FOUR short sleeved button down shirts in plaid...that were nearly the exact same color/pattern. The differences there tiny, I think one had a vein of navy in the plaid, while one had a vein of black, ect. I've told him that all he needs are some Hipster glasses, a pair of skinny jeans, and a little hair gel, and he'll be a Hipster. lol But it's totally true. He is tall and skinny and could totally pull off the look if he tried. In reality, he may not as I've told him I will not be married to someone whose pants are tighter than mine. lol So, I've taken to calling him Hubster to tease him. It's cute and annoying at the same time. Score! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...