Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Sewing Toys!!! Erm, I mean tools...


Oh my goodness, Bloggy Friends, today is a really good day! :) My order from Stitch Nerd Sewing Supply arrived today. (Special thanks go to The Hubster for getting to the mail room with 4 mins to spare before they closed.) I honestly wasn't expecting it until next week as I've been told shipping DPO can take up to two weeks. So you can imagine my squee of delight when The Hubster walked in with my box. Well, enough with the jibber jabber, on to the pretties!


As you can see, I was a pretty eager to get into the box. :)


Everything was beautifully and securely wrapped with a layer of tissue and plastic. I started ripping open everything before I remembered to take pictures. I love that the seam roll looks like a pretty piece of candy. :)


I ordered a custom set with zebra cotton and pink plaid wool. Cuz you all know how much I love animal prints. lol I also asked that the plaid be set on the bias so the squares would look like diamonds. Both come with a handy hanging tag. It took me forever to decide on my combo, as there are tons of cute fabrics to choose from. But I'm very happy with how everything turned out.



The owner, Sonia, also made a free custom matching magnetic pin cushion to go along with my set. I was debating ordering a pin cushion too, but was planning to sew my own wrist/forearm cushion so I didn't. Now all I have to do is sew myself a strap with a magnet and stick this one on top. And it matches! Cuz you all know how matchy matchy I like to be. :) And speaking of matching...



Here is the note card included with my order, it totally matches my outfit today! It's like a sign...I feel like Sonia and I are totally sewing soul mates. And I mean that in a totally non-stalker/weird way...Anyhoo, girlfriend has some serious good taste in prints. :)


She also included a free tailors wax crayon. I'm not sure what I use that for yet, but it's super awesome of her to do that. But the awesomeness doesn't end there. She also included a 10% off coupon for my next purchase, and let me tell you, with service like this there will most likely be another purchase.

So as you can probably tell, I'm pleased as punch about my whole order. My custom order was sewn and shipped every quickly. It traveled from California to Germany in six days! The quality is great and the color/prints are to die for! I feel like they really are in line with my taste and make my sewing room an even happier place to be. I fully recommend Sonia and Stitch Nerd Sewing Supply!

6 comments:

  1. They are VERY cute, Andrea. And, in fact, it was because of your post I ordered a set that came a couple days ago. :D

    Mine are equally cute and well made, but what do you think about the size? They are *much* smaller than my current tools and smaller than I expected. These seem more suitable for sewing kids clothing. But maybe you are petite. I am not and I do not sew kids clothing. :)

    That is excellent chalk, by the way. Very useful for marking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shams: These are the first pressing tools I've ever purchased, so I don't really have anything to compare them to. They seem to be on par with the ham that Gertie has been using in her bombshell class that I'm watching though. I am really short, but wouldn't necessarily call myself petite, not yet anyways, I'm working on it. ;)

    Size aside, I hope you love your set. Which fabrics did you choose? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine are adorable. I bought the set that is pink plaid wool on one side and B&W houndstooth cotton on the other. I will have to see how much I use them though because, with my bust, I need a *larger* ham, not a smaller ham. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the Burda: if I have my English version by the time you are ready to roll I will copy and email the instructions you need.
    I just order a Ham because of Gertie's class too. Mine is just a plain ole plaid one from Joann 's (using up a birthday gift card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mention you on my blog today, Andrea. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...