Thursday, January 10, 2013

Turquoise Zebra Wrap Skirt

What's happening, Bloggy Friends?  During my New Years resolution induced cleaning frenzy I came across the first item I ever sewed.  I realized I'd never blogged about it so here we are.  This is the Breezy Easy Wrap Skirt from Diana Rupp's Sew Everything Workshop.  I purchased it at the beginning of my sewing journey in order to teach myself how to sew.






 Longtime readers may recognize the bedsheet fabric from here and here.  I do think this was the most successful iteration of the fabric.  I don't wear the Sorbetto (wrong drape and weight) but I do use the bag to haul my gym stuff.

Looking back, I'm pretty impressed with myself.  The waistband (which I ironed within an inch of it's life) is pretty spot on.  I chuckled at the fact that each major seam was finished differently.  I guess I was feeling them out.  All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it as a first project.  A couple years later I now know to french seam the panels together and use better fabric, so I think I'll give this one another go.  It is the perfect skirt for fluctuating sizes.  

Sidenote:  I took in a pair of jeans today as I've lost almost an inch from each thigh. :)  Pre-sewing, I would've had to get rid of my favorite pair of jeans.  Not anymore!  Now maybe I'll hem the four pairs of pants that are chilling the the drawer.  Boring...

How is your week going?  I haven't touched my UFO black skirt but I've finished my second V1179 except for the hem (recurring theme, I see).  What's on your sewing table?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...