Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Tale of Two New Look 6816s and One Butterick 4686

 It was the best of times, it was the worst of times… Actually I sewed these tops without any incident.  It has been over a month since our last seam ripper stabbing incident.  Note: That is me getting stabbed, not stabbing other people with said seam ripper.   That skirt though, whatta bitch. We’ll get to her in a moment. 

I love this top.  It is the right fabric (I LOVE KNITS SO MUCH!), 3 pattern pieces (ADD Friendly sewing), and overall a pretty versatile shape.   I dig the sleeves the most.  I sewed the purple leopard one first.   Man I love this fabric, I’ve been hoarding saving it for almost two years know. Proof? I blogged
about it. lol  In honor of this drag-tastic fabric, I watched To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar.   I watched this movie a ton as a child, which probably explains my present day obsession with Drag Queens. I. LOVE. THEM!
 


The fabric from the second one will probably seem familiar to you.  I made a V1179 and recently blogged about it HERE.  No changes other than French seaming the shoulders.  But look how different they look!  It’s so much shorter than the leopard!  Way less stretchy too, which is actually good.  Even with the staystiching, the neck on the leopard one has stretched out and falls down over one shoulder. Not a huge deal, unless it’s during preschool and you have a bright pink bra on. “Hey Ms. Andrea, what’s that pink thing?”

On to the bitch skirt.  This is the skirt I started in summer 2011 as part of my wardrobe plan that I blogged HERE.  It’s a good thing she turned out so nicely, because I've spent more active sewing time on her than anything I’ve ever sewn.  I sewed, ripped, and re-sewed that pain in the butt more times than I can count.   Why?  Because I make my life difficult.  With my recent weight changes (WOOOOO I’m shrinking!) I wanted to make it easier to take in.  So I changed the construction order.  Maybe, just maybe there is a reason they put it in a certain order.  Well long story short, it’ll be easy to take in but I probably could’ve sewn a brand new skirt in the same amount of time that I spend screwing with it.  Oh well, live and learn, and follow the damn directions.  Really, I shouldn’t take so much smack about her, she is sure to become a wardrobe staple.  The battle is just so fresh in my mind.




 

 So yeah, I’ll be back tomorrow my February plans. What?  February is almost over?  Shhhhh, I’m not quite sure how that happened.   Check back tomorrow for the deets.  Spoiler alert, there will be leopard print. lol

2 comments:

  1. The skirt looks great, well worth the trouble! I'm a sucker for animal print too so I'm looking forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you like animal print, than you'll probably like my whole blog. lol I tend to sew with it more times than not. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...