Sunday, February 3, 2013

Currently: 02/03/13


Enjoying: Salted Almond Milk Hot Chocolate.  So good.  Plus, hello, leopard tea set.  I found this set while wandering around lost in downtown Frankfurt when we first moved here.  It was the most amazing shop filled with tea sets, artisan vinegars and honey.  I have no idea where it is, but I may have to go get lost again before we move home this summer.



Planning:  There are so so many sewalongs and challenges this month.  I’ve thrown my hat in the ring for Victoria’s Fearless February 2013.  The premise is to sew something outside of your comfort zone.  I’ll have a separate post for my plans later in the week.


Ten Thousand
Hours of
Sewing

The fabulous Scruffy Badger (this chick can rock a wig, a lady after my own heart!) is hosting a Polka Dot Frock Fest this month as well.  I’ve been lusting after this pattern for awhile, but I’m not sure how much use I’ll get out of it in my daily life.  There isn’t much call for fitted dresses in my line of work.  Most often you will find me sitting on the floor with my kiddos.  We’ll see, I am a total pattern hoarder so I may just grab it up anyway. :)  This pattern does lend itself pretty nicely to this next challenge…
  
Julia Bobbin is hosting a Mad Men 2 Challenge.  I love the fashion of the show, but haven’t watched much past the first two discs in season 1.  So no spoilers please!  I found it to be a little depressing, but I was also going through a pretty depressing chapter in my life as well so maybe it was just compounding the emo-ness of it all.  Perhaps I’ll give it another go after I get through my current sewing time tv show, Supernatural.  Man, Dean is so hot. Lol  I totally love Joan’s wardrobe, but again, lots of fitted wiggle dresses.  Not so conducive to preschool. :sigh:
Sweating:  Nothing, boo!  I was super lazy this week again, but I picked up these gems today.  They had me at Burlesque. lol  Hopefully they'll give me the kick in the pants that I need.


Bragging:  5 garments this month!  Holy cow, dudes.  I didn’t even sew 5 garments last year! (Or the year before that, for that matter).  Actually, I don’t think I sewed that many garments in both years combined.  This is pretty big for me, so pardon my boastfulness. :)  I'll be back with a January wrap up and February Goals post tomorrow.

What are you guys up to?  Any epic plans for February?  Tell me all about it, Bloggy amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...