Monday, April 22, 2013

The Miette Skirt Plan: A Leopard Printed Quandary

Howdy Bloggy friends!  It has been a Monday, let me tell you.  Normally I love Mondays, but today has been a test of patience.  There is nothing like trying to corral a classroom of 3 to 4 year olds.  It's like herding cats....cats with ADHD and a penchant for smacking one another every so often.  But at least they don't throw food at me, unlike my nursery kids.  Which is why I spent half the afternoon wearing a hoodie, my yogurt covered shirt stuffed in my bag.  I love my job, I really do.  It beats the hell out of having to work with grown ups all day.  Plus, I normally get to eat at least one surprise cupcake a week.  Today's was covered in M&Ms. :)  My job is awesome, yogurt shirts and all.

Regardless, I was super excited to come home and relax.  My mind clearing activity of choice?  Putting together PDF patterns!  I love them!!!  I know not everyone is a fan, but they are my favorite.  Let it be known that I also love paper pattern prep too.  Ironing pattern tissue, cutting lots of perfect rectangles (with purple glitter scissors) while watching hunky actors yell campy lines at bad guys.  That's my kind of party.  Seriously, how stressed can you be when your life goal for the moment is putting paper boxes together?  Right!?  Pattern prep is my favorite.   

So, that's what I'm up to tonight.  Hopefully by the time I've finished putting the pattern together I'll have decided which fabric to use.  I put together a simple little project board with the two contenders.  What do you guys think? 


The purple on the left is actually a medium eggplant in real life.  The natural leopard is pretty accurate.  I've been meaning to sew a wrap skirt for awhile and figured it would be an easy intro back into sewing after my hiatus.  Nothing so difficult it would cause me to yell "Fuck it!" and return to "Pinteresting" my life away.     So when Tilly released her newest pattern, The Miette Skirt,  it was like the sewing gods were speaking to me. 

 1) I'm always happy to support an indie business.  
2) Instant Gratification download!
 3) BOWS! 
4) NO ZIPPERS!  
Done deal!

So here's what my evening is looking like:  
Supernatural on Netflix.  Holy crap Castiel is smokin'!  
Vietnamese iced coffee aka The Nectar of the Gods!  
Ogling some luscious leopard goodness.
Jealous?  

I may have started out this day cranky, caffeine deprived, and covered in yogurt, but I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming to an end.  What are you guys up to on this fine Earth Day?

4 comments:

  1. I love the natural leopard print for the Miette skirt. I'm going fabric shopping for my Miette tomorrow. I'm thinking strawberries or apples or some other fruit based pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came across your blog over at Tillys:) I just finnished the Mathilde Blouse today after beeing completely obsessed whit it the whole weekend. I have allready desided that I will make the Miette skirt too. I just have to finnish my Garden Party Dress first:) I like your blog and I will add my self as a follower;) Feal free to wisit my blog as well: http://trollemors-hverdag.blogspot.com 9stitches & pearls)
    I will soon post my Mathilde blouse and Miette skirt as finnish:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...